Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mature Age in a twenty-something's world

My second semester is in full swing, assignment due dates are marked on the calendar, groups for group assignments are formed and the panic of where will I end up for prac has set in. Yet I would not trade this choice to study for anything, yes it is hard and draining but it is something worthwhile. With maturity on my side I can see the importance of every single thing helping me to become a better teacher. Instead of the lure of partying and drinking to drag me away from study, it is three beautiful children who call to me on a fine Sunday afternoon "what are we going to do today? Can we go somewhere?" that helps me to lift my hands off the keys of the computer and my head out of a text. Yet they remind me of the importance of why I am studying teaching and why it is important to do more than just get a "pass". They are the future generation who need to be guided, shown how to look at the digital world through a much more discerning lens. That is the role of a teacher in todays world and that is how they make a difference in children's lives today. To fulfil that role I need all the skills and knowledge that I can get my hands on and getting a "pass" is not good enough for our future generations of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment