Sunday, April 8, 2012

It has been a while since I have dropped in here and written a post. What has taken up so much of my time that I have not found time to write even a few lines, well I started studying at university at the end of February. I am doing a Bachelor of Education in Early childhood Studies - this enables me to teach up to eight year olds.

Over the past few weeks I have had moments of what on earth am I doing - here I am a mum with 3 youngish children about to embark on 4 years of study and it has been some time since I last studied. Last year I turned 40 and my youngest started school this year and so the questions started in my head - What am I going to do with myself for the next 25 years or so.  I had so little confidence in my own abilities that I did not think I would even get accepted to uni, I cried when I saw I did.

So now I am on this very steep learning curve. I have spent the past 2 weeks getting to grips with how to write an academic essay and in the process I learnt that I have never learnt to write paragraphs. You can certainly imagine how stunned I was to find that out. I am thoroughly enjoying what I am learning and having young children myself makes all that I am learning so relevant. I have been fortunate to have a group of women in my course who are of a similar age so we all can feel old together - yes one of them was told that typewriters are from the middle ages. I have also learn a few new handy skills too like how to make an animation.

So what is going to happen to my creative outlets. Well some things like sewing and to a lesser extent photography will have to go on the back-burner till end of semester break. I have dug out my crochet to do when I am in front of the TV - you never know I might finish that granny square rug this year. I am making a commitment to update my blog at least once a week on a Sunday night - I can find 20 minutes. Please keep me to it. I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment