Saturday, February 11, 2012

Herbal Hair

What am I cooking you may say? But it is not cooking but my new shampoo and conditioner. I have been reading a bit about people going no shampoo and it got me interested. I have had dermatitis  on my scalp for years, the only time I have not had it was when I was pregnant. It manifests itself in a sore, itchy and flaky scalp. So my thought is what do I have to lose. I am not as worried about if my hair is too oily as many of my fellow no -pooers are online. For me oil is good. So let the journey begin.

My recipe that I tried was 1 tabsp Bicarb soda to 1 cup of water and for the rinse 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (don't ask me why apple cider Vinegar but that is what all I read used) to 1 cup Water. I added a handful of rosemary (because I know that is soothing and good for scalps) in the vinegar/water mix and warmed it up and steeped it like a tea.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to know how the experiment goes Sandy as I've been having a really dry scalp recently and I never used to. It seems worse in the winter here. I've tried expensive all natural herbal shampoos with essential oils and NO soaps but they really didn't help much. I also tried apple cider vinegar for a stint but it didn't blow me away with the results. It is meant to be a cure-all though. Kirsty went through a long stint without ever shampooing - just rinsing in water. Her hair looked great after it.

    ReplyDelete