Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baking Frenzy


 Saturday was a day of baking frenzy for me . I spent all day in the kitchen. I really enjoy baking much more than cooking meals. So my first effort was Bagels I got the recipe from a show called Poh's Kitchen and you get it here. This is the second time I have made them and I am super happy with how they turn out. These ones are a bit overloaded with seeds because Isabella was helping me.

 Then I had to make a cheesecake for the next day. It was a mint choc one that you put in the fridge. The recipe was from an eighties Women's Weekly cookbook and there was a couple of ingredients I had to substitute as they are no longer produced. It turned out great and not too sweet.
Finally I made some Banana bread - this is yet to be tried as it went straight in the freezer for an afterschool snack for this week. I got the recipe from a website that is quickly becoming like a cooking bible as it has different versions of the same recipe. So if you want to make something and you do not have a recipe I will bet you it will be on taste.com.au - this banana bread recipe can be found here. Anyway hope this inspires you get out there and do some baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment