Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bags of Love


 I have been enjoying lately making bags for friends and family as birthday gifts - though they often turn up quite a few months after the event. This one is my latest effort and I have never made it before. It is from the book One Yard Wonders by Rebecca Yaker and Patricia Hoskins. All patterns only use around a metre of Fabric. This was my first go at this one and I am reasonably happy with it but I know a few tricks I need to do next time I make it.
This one I made for a friend whose birthday was at the end of the year and she only got it a few weeks ago. This is showing the lovely lining as it has a plain yet rugged exterior. It is a pattern from Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing, I have used it a few times and am very happy with the result. I think I will have to make one for myself next - make my own bag of love.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see all the wonderful things your sewing, so glad youring enjoying the book I gave you.

    ReplyDelete