Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy 2012

So why am I only writing Happy new Year now well I have been travelling for the past 5 weeks. We travelled overland to Adelaide via the outback. It was one amazing experience and I just wanted to share some of my highlights.Pelicans at Coorong National Park, South Australia. I have wanted to go here since studying the book Storm boy as a child at school. We stood watching older birds teach the younger ones how to land on water and how to fly in formation.
Emus on a salt pan at Coorong National Park. I love these birds and it was stunning to see them in the wild.
Long endless roads. Not as boring or as lifeless as I thought they would be.
Isabella in a field of Lavender in the Barossa Valley. She was so taken with these lovely scented rows.
Desert Sunset - What more can I say.
The Flinders Ranges in South Australia was Anthony's highlight it made him want to paint again. The ancient rocks and the vistas just are too stunning for words.
The kids at Maggie Beer's farm in the Barossa Valley. The are just all standing there taking in all the birdlife on the lake.
Isn't this the most gorgeous sunset - I could not help but grab my camera. It is on the Murray River
That was one long drive! And that is Kilometres!
Hope you have enjoyed just a snapshot of our 5 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These are so good. LOVE the one of your daughter in the field. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog I REALLY appreciate it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunset photo of the Murray river. I really, really want to do a boat trip down the Murray river one day. Beautiful pics Sam, of your stunning country. But now you need to come to New Zealand and be really blown away with awe. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to visit a field of lavender and that really is a gorgeous picture of your Isabella. Australia is so beautiful and Adelaide seems like a special little corner. Was Maggie Beer's farm interesting and delicous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely except we did not see her. Spent toomuch money on all the lovely food

      Delete