Saturday, August 6, 2011

Old time beauty



Brisbane in terms of world history is quite a young city. But this house we visited, Newstead house is one of the older specimens in the city. I love it for it's wide veranda's that you could imagine the early settlers sitting on taking their tea whilst enjoying the view and the afternoon breeze. I so love the tropical cottage garden that surrounds the house and even though it is not traditional it evokes that same feel. There is some thing about this old house that is missing in our newer Queensland home and I think that word is practicality. We often build or renovate now for what it looks like but low and behold we put something into our home because it is practical and not pretty.


Also I could not help but share these gorgeous photo's of my kids. Hard to believe we are in the middle of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment