Friday, August 26, 2011

Camping and cows






We are a camping family, and it had been some time since we had been out in the great outdoors. So my birthday weekend we headed west about an hour and a half from home (for those who know SE Queensland it is just near Cunningham's Gap) and camped on this lovely cattle property. It was so lovely to be outdoors and to sit by the fire on a crisp winters night. We were lucky it was not too cold. All the stresses and strains of city life just ease away as soon as that car door opens and the tent goes up. And for the cows.... they came to visit us in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I especially love the last photo, beautiful (even if a little serious). I love the colour of the grass and I can just imagine that lovely crisp, dry winter chill. Here the grass is always green (and mossy), especially in winter, and the winter is a wet cold. Beautiful in it's own way, but I will soak up a glorious Brisbane winter again one day!

    ReplyDelete