Thursday, May 12, 2011

Winter is coming

My glorious Wattle tree with so many buds on it that in August it will be a mass of yellow flowers.
Unlike many of my Northern hemisphere and southern Australian/New Zealand friends, Autumn and winter are the time to start getting our Vegetable garden ready for planting out. In Summer here in Brisbane the days are hot and humid and many of the plants succumb to various fungal diseases. In the photo's above you can see my attempt to stop the possums from eating my parsley plant and boy can they demolish a plant in one night.
The strawberry patch is very healthy and hopefully we will get a good crop this year.
Alot of work to be done as all the rain has washed away the soil.
Trees and herb seedlings waiting to be planted.

1 comment:

  1. It is funny that we are planting at the same time but in opposite seasons. I am just getting our garden here ready in anticipation of summer. I don't suppose we have to worry about possums but squirrels may be just as bad ;)

    ReplyDelete