Saturday, February 12, 2011

O turns 4







Today was Oscar's 4th birthday party, in our family the kids have a party every second year, and this year it is Oscar's turn. At my husbands insistence we had to have the party in a local park. I do not mind it being in the park but I feel it is alot more work especially trying to make sure we remembered everything. It was a hot day but thankfully the breeze made it a bit more bearable.
As Oscar has just started kindy we decided to invite the whole class (we have never done that before) so we and the other families could get to know each other a bit better. So there were quite a few kids all running around.. It was nice not to have to organise any games but we did draw them all together with my kid's favourite party game - a pinata. By the time we got to the birthday cake it was so warm the icing was starting to slide off the cake.
It is sad to think that this is my last 4th birthday party but it means that we are leaving those early childhood years behind and moving onto the school years.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day! The food looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love 4! I think it is my favourite age, and what a handsome wee boy he is. It's hard to believe our child-bearing days are over and we're 'almost' into the school age, isn't it Sammy. I'm glad I've known you since we were 17, and that we'll know each other when we're 97!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm stopping by from It's Grace. Nice to meet you! Were the floods bad where you live?

    I can relate -- my youngest just had her 5 year old party -- she starts Kinder in August. It was the last party with preschoolers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! I can see what you mean, not wanting to forget anything at home. That would be a pain. But, on the bright side, your house doesn't get trashed! Well, not trashed, but the clean up can be pretty time consuming.

    What are those orange ring things? Are they like Cheetos? They look YUMMY! I'm thinking maybe it's just like what we have, just a different shape. Looks like you went all out, I bet the kids were in heaven with all those goodies!!

    ReplyDelete