Thursday, February 3, 2011

Knitting at last!



I have always wanted to learn how to knit but when I tried when I was younger I had shocking co-ordination and just could never get my fine motor skills around the finer parts of knitting. A couple of months ago I bought some needles in the hope I might be skilled enough to give it a try. So on Sunday afternoon I sat down in front of You Tube and learnt to knit an by jove I got it!!! Now I just need to get fast enough so I can actually make something.
Last Winter I finally learnt to crochet and have been plugging away at a number of granny squares. I wanted to share with you the results of my efforts. Not much to show but I am slowly getting there.

3 comments:

  1. Good on you, Sammy - I love the colour of that wool. I find knitting a really relaxing thing to do. And I love the granny squares - crochet is something I've never learned but would like to one day. Are you going to make a blanket out of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The granny squares look very good.I have been crocheting for a few years and I am currently teaching myself to knit.

    ReplyDelete