Thursday, January 6, 2011

Music and photographs


The other night I was watching a documentary on this photographer, Anton Corbijn, whose primary subjects were rock stars and famous people (he is the the guy that took that amazing photo on the cover of U2's Unforgettable Fire album and Joshua Tree album). Anyway half way through the documentary I was struck with how his backgrounds albeit they are very simple say something about the artists or where they are from or where they are going. It got me thinking about when I take a photo how much do I think about my background and does it say anything about my subjects. So I took a couple of my kids with the VJ timber walls in the background as they are throughout my home. I happy with what I go but there is always room for improvement.
imgres.jpg
Anton's photo of Joy division in a tube tunnel ie they are from London



This one of Bella is the one I am happiest with it shows the background yet it is a great photo of her



2 comments:

  1. I never thought about the background..I'll have to think of that.

    Your kids are so adorable!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The black and white is so beautiful. Stunning children and great photography.

    ReplyDelete