Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Last Few Weeks




Well Christmas has now come and gone and it is time to think of putting away the decorations but I can't quite come at doing that yet (seeing as it took forever to put up only 2 1/2 weeks ago). I trust you all had a lovely Christmas - we did. My husband had to work all through the holidays - that is one of the annoying things about being a nurse they do not close hospitals at the end of business. We had a very wet Christmas period and many families in Queensland have been flooded. It is still raining as I write this 4 days later.
The kids wrote amazing and generous letters to Santa, to make sure he and his reindeer were well fed.

Christmas dinner was a BBQ in the evening after Anthony got home from work. It was the first time I had a BBQ for a Christmas meal and it was really lovely and easy too

I feel a bit sad it is all over as I really enjoy the celebration that Christmas is. I wish it could be like some festivals that other cultures have that go for many days.

1 comment:

  1. I can't quite bring myself to take the decor down yet, either. I want to drag the celebration out a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete