Thursday, December 30, 2010

365 day project still going

I have not shared many of my images that I have been taking for my 365 day project for a while so I thought today was as good as any. I have surprised myself that I have not given up, and at times it has been hard to keep going. But as time has gone on my focus has changed too. When I started out I was doing this to solely improve my photography but now I am really enjoying documenting our lives over the year. As I look over what I have taken over the past 4 months I can point to activities or incidences in our lives. As this has become the overriding theme I am tending to use my phone camera when I am out and about to take these snapshots of our lives. So it is now not about the result but about the journey.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, just saw the news tonight about the flooding in QSLD. Hope you're all managing to stay dry and safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting from the 365 day project. I had similar findings about the project. I started out by hoping to improve technically but the further I get the more it's giving back to me. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful, Sandy! I love how the shape of your project has changed and how your family is your focus! 2011 will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, stopping by from the 365 project. I'm finding that it's a gift that keeps giving. some days it's difficult to find inspiration - it comes in waves. best of luck on your journey - you're taking some great shots. I especially like the lilacs. (?) Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's fab that you've been able to find the right niche for your 365. I did a few photos a week a few years ago simply to document time. Love to look through those memories now. I don't think you'll regret this. Don't give up!!

    ReplyDelete