Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Simple sewing


Lately I have had a few sewing projects on the go and I have managed to complete them. Overall I am happy with the end result I am not happy with the hidden mistakes that I know are there. I have really enjoyed picking up the long dormant sewing skills and creating something lovely out of just a piece of fabric.
My first finished project (for a better word) was an everyday tote that I got out of a lovely book called "Weekend Sewing' by Heather Ross This was surprisingly easy the result looks great.

Next was a gypsy skirt for Isabella in her Favourite colour of the moment - purple! I loved making this and am so happy with how it falls and of course twirls.

And finally a shoulder bag that was created out of necessity. I am going on a plane with only carry on Luggage so it means I can't take my hand bag so I needed a bag for when I got there so out of my head came this design. Don't you just love the gorgeous fabric I found to line it - thank you Funky Fabrics.

2 comments:

  1. Love them Sandy - so good sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those look SO nice!! I almost never complete a sewing project I start :)

    ReplyDelete