Friday, October 15, 2010

Welcome to the family


Lily
Harriet (blue band) Rainbow Magic (purple Band)
Sparkle
Charlie
Over the past week we have had a few new additions to the family, 2 guinea pigs and 3 chickens. The kids have all thought up names for our new additions - the guinea pigs are Charlie and Sparkle and the chooks are Rainbow Magic, Lily and Harriet. We were quite delighted to receive our first egg yesterday courtesy of Harriet. At the moment the Kids are really enjoying helping to looking after them. Lets hope that continues. Our dog has accepted the new members of the family but does like to bark at the chooks if they do not notice her.
I thought I would include an up to date photo of our little vegie patch. It has been really productive, thanks to all the rain we have been getting but unfortunately that brings forth all the weeds as well.

2 comments:

  1. I was surprised to see it in person yesterday guys - amazing little bit of country in the city you have back there! Chooks and all :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm betting Bella named Rainbow Magic.. Looking great in your back yard, I have to come a visit and see for myself soon.

    ReplyDelete